Now that it’s outdoor dining season, you’re probably craving amazing (and affordable) grilled recipes that just so happen to incorporate a whole lot of veggies. Head to ALDI, where produce is delivered fresh daily, to grab all the ingredients and fuel your next cookout with creative veggie burgers, show-stopping mixed grill platters, and family-friendly BBQ chicken salads. If that wasn’t incentive enough, each of these recipes takes 30 minutes or less to whip up.
2 Park Street Deli Half Sour Whole Pickles, thinly sliced crosswise
1/2 jalapeño, thinly sliced crosswise
1/4 c. Clancy’s Corn chips
- Heat the grill to medium. Clean the grates, grease with avocado oil, then add the buns cut sides down and grill until toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to plates. Place the patties on the grates and grill until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side (if using gas grill, close lid between flips to maintain temperature). Transfer to the bottom buns.
- Spread guacamole over patties, then top with pickle slices, jalapeño slices, and corn chips. Top with the bun, add a few more corn chips on the side, and enjoy.
Per serving: 414 cal, 22 g fat (3 g sat), 8 g protein, 822 mg sodium, 45 g carb, 8 g sugars (4 g added sugars), 9 g fiber
Sausage and Grilled Veggie Platter
4 zucchini, halved lengthwise
3 onions, halved and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
1 lb. mini sweet peppers
19 oz. Hot Italian Sausage Links
1 c. Tuscan Garden Mild Giardiniera, plus 3 tablespoons brine
1/4 c. Southern Grove Roasted, Salted Pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Prepare a grill for two-zone cooking over medium-high heat (for a charcoal grill, pour the coals onto one half of the grill; for a gas grill, heat all of the burners to high, then turn off one of the end burners before cooking).
- Meanwhile, on a sheet pan or large plate, toss the zucchini, onions, peppers, and sausage with olive oil and salt to coat. When you’re ready to grill, clean and grease the grates. Place the zucchini, onions, and peppers over the flame (direct heat) and place the sausage where there isn’t a flame beneath (indirect heat). Cover and cook, flipping occasionally, until the vegetables are charred and tender and the sausages are cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a platter. Move the sausages over the flame and grill until browned and crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer the sausages to the platter, then sprinkle the giardiniera, giardiniera brine, and pistachios over top.
Per serving: 480 cal, 35 g fat (10 g sat), 23 g protein, 1525 mg sodium, 27 g carb, 14 g sugars (2 g added sugars), 4 g fiber
BBQ Chicken Salad
10 oz. cherub grape tomatoes, halved
Juice from 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
1 (6 oz.) bag Little Salad Bar Sweet Butter Lettuce
1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
Leaves from half a bunch of cilantro (1/2 cup loosely packed)
4 oz. sliced, fresh Emporium Selection Fresh Mozzarella Ball, torn into bite-size pieces
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Pat the chicken dry and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt, a few grinds black pepper, and a light coating of olive oil. Drizzle green onions with enough olive oil to coat, then season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, half the lime juice (1 tablespoon), and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set the tomatoes aside and bring the chicken, green onions, and barbecue sauce to the grill.
- Clean and grease the grates, then add the chicken and green onions to the grill and cook until charred and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side (if using a gas grill, close lid between flips to maintain temperature). Transfer the green onions to a plate. Brush the chicken with half the barbecue sauce, then flip the chicken and cook until the sauce is charred in spots, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the remaining barbecue sauce to the chicken, flip, and cook until charred in spots, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate to rest.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the butter and romaine lettuces, cilantro, and mozzarella to the bowl of tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Taste and adjust olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper to your liking. Slice the green onions into bite-size pieces and the chicken against the grain. Transfer the salad to a serving platter, top with the chicken and green onions, and serve.
Per serving: 415 cal, 22 g fat (7 g sat), 27 g protein, 1310mg sodium, 29 g carb, 18 g sugars (8 g added sugars), 3 g fiber
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io